Welcome to my blog lovely visitor, I hope you enjoy your stay. I'd like to point out that I'm neither a hedge or a bear, although my friends often call me that (Bear not hedge, even my friends aren't that weird).

Even though I've been practicing as a Pagan for pretty much as long as I can remember I'm still learning so feel free to get in touch with your criticisms, advice or whatever happens to be on your mind!

Sunday 27 February 2011

Penarth Beach, South Wales 2011

The kiss of the sea on the sand of the shore
Or the breath of the wind through my hair
Are the touch of the fingers of maiden or whore
And the memories she shared with me there.

The lap of the tides as they stoke at my toes
And the curl of the crest of the wave
Are the whispers of secrets which nobody knows
And the memories my sweet mistress gave.


The beach is a liminal space, a joining-place between the sea, the land and the sky. It is changeable and shifting, constantly in flux. The beach is a threshold, belonging to all places and yet not truly part of any of them. Like the ancient hedge to which the term 'hedgewitch' refers, the crossroads or mountaintops, it is a place of uncertainty and indecision. For some people, that uncertainty is too much. Like the coming of a storm, it sends them running for cover. Others let it wash over them, lapping like the waves on the shore.

No comments:

Post a Comment