Welcome to my blog lovely visitor, I hope you enjoy your stay. I'd like to point out that I'm neither a hedge or a bear, although my friends often call me that (Bear not hedge, even my friends aren't that weird).

Even though I've been practicing as a Pagan for pretty much as long as I can remember I'm still learning so feel free to get in touch with your criticisms, advice or whatever happens to be on your mind!

Thursday 21 October 2010

I couldn't believe my luck! I went for a wander around and found myself in a crystal shop. Now, I don't usually go into them, not because I don't like crystals but because I prefer to find my shiny things than buy them. Anyway, I was browsing their fossil display when I noticed something I hadn't seen in ages; there, marked as a 'plant fossil', was a shepherd's crown! Of course I bought it (for a bargain price) and its now in pride of place in my living room.

I've taken a photo of my altar to share with you it its current slightly dilapidated state. I know its much more empty than a lot of people's but most of the things I use tend to have homes around the house anyway. I'm not sure you can see properly but in front of the candles on the left theres currently a piece of petrified wood, a sharks tooth and a poppet carved out of ginger. There are a few more delicate things in the little wooden box too but those vary a fair amount. The basket usually contains a selection of fruit, herbs and nuts; at the minute, that's mainly sage and apples. I'll be restocking that when I buy some new flowers, hopefully later today. Underneath the cloth there are some drawers and shelves to store bigger things on, although currently theres all kinds of stuff under there. I really need to get organised...
The cushions are mainly there so I can take them down to kneel on when I'm working; its too low to stand!

No comments:

Post a Comment