Welcome to my blog lovely visitor, I hope you enjoy your stay. I'd like to point out that I'm neither a hedge or a bear, although my friends often call me that (Bear not hedge, even my friends aren't that weird).

Even though I've been practicing as a Pagan for pretty much as long as I can remember I'm still learning so feel free to get in touch with your criticisms, advice or whatever happens to be on your mind!

Tuesday 19 October 2010

A Need For Change

Things have been bad for a while. Just a quick look around my house would probably tell you that. There are little piles of socks and unknown fluff on the floor, the houseplants are long-since deceased and there's a leaning tower of dishes where the sink used to be. The garden isn't much better. There are 'weeds' sprouting from practically everywhere, my partner's half-finished projects littered across the path and bits of wood have falled off of the shed to the point where it looks as if I've been playing structural jenga.

I suppose in a way that reflects how I've been recently as a person. Little problems have been cropping up everywhere in little (and not so little) piles until I was almost as buried as the sink. I was starting to think I was going to shrivel up and die under the pressure exactly like my poor plants or find myself tripping up in life like I did on the garden path only to be crushed under the delapidated shed of my problems. Its funny how my immediate surroundings seem to have become a metaphor for me (or maybe I read into it too much).

This couldn't go on.

With the help of some friends, I've made a start on tidying up my house and garden. I'll be replacing the dead houseplants with some shiny new ones and putting out a basket of apples to symbolise my personal healing and welcoming back of better things back into my life. Once I've gotten everything straight, I'll be inviting my lovely friends back round for a visit and indulging in a little bit of a thank-you kitchen witch style.

Here's hoping not all of my posts end up being this long and depressing :D

No comments:

Post a Comment